Zucchini Breakfast Cookies
Zucchini-Einkorn Wheat Breakfast Cookies
These cookies are so delicious and nutrition-packed that you can get by with having them for a quick breakfast bite!
Fun variation: Substitute 1-2 drops each Cinnamon and Nutmeg Vitality essential oils for the powder. Use the essential oils in the wet mixture instead of the dry. Experiment with recipes until you find the right number of drops for your taste!
- 1 heaping cup zucchini, finely grated
- ⅓ c. oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. quick oats, divided
- 1 cup Einkorn wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. semi sweet chocolate chips (can substitute 1/2 c. dried wolfberries)
- ½ c. chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- If desired, blend one cup of oats and make oat flour.
- Mix together egg, oil and vanilla. Add brown sugar and mix again.
- Add blended and non blended quick oats, flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix together until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix.
- Add zucchini and gently mix together.
- Drop 1½ inch cookie balls on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes.