Einkorn Flour Chocolate Chip Wolfberry Oatmeal Cookies[social_warfare]
I made some delicious einkorn flour cookies for a holiday cookie exchange party that I had to share with you!
Einkorn grain has grown alongside human civilization since ancient times. Untouched by hybridization, einkorn contains only 14 chromosomes—a huge difference from the 42 chromosomes contained in modern hybridized wheat. This superior ancient grain also contains less gluten than modern whole wheat and is more abundant in many vitamins and minerals. Many people with gluten sensitivities don’t have the same symptoms when they switch to Einkorn flour products.
- 1 cup Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Flour by Young Living
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (organic)
- 1 stick of Kerrygold butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract (organic or homemade)
- 1 free-range egg (room temperature)
- 1/4-1/2 cup applesauce (organic)
- 5 drops Orange Vitality essential oil by Young Living
- 1.5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (we love Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 cup organic dried wolfberries by Young Living
- 1/4 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 2 silicone baking mats onto baking sheets.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon. In a separate larger bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, applesauce, and Orange essential oil with an electric hand mixer. Add in the dry ingredient mix from the other bowl and mix until combined. Don’t over mix. By hand, stir in the rolled oats. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips, wolfberries and raisins.
Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the silicone mat. Slightly flatten the dough. The cookie dough will not be able to roll with your hands. Place 12 slightly flatten dough balls onto each cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-11 minutes until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Some modifications have been made to the original recipe found at eohealthyliving.blogspot.com.